Home Inspections for Meth

Many home buyers unknowingly buy homes contaminated by methamphetamine, which when smoked or manufactured, release dangerous chemicals into the air that can cling to clothing, carpets, and walls. A dream home can quickly turn into a nightmare. A contaminated home can not only cause sickness but also be uninhabitable for a long time. We have come across home buyers who have spent tens of thousands of dollars in remediation and reconstruction, adding financial burden and delay to moving in.

Signs of a Former Meth House
Look out for the possible red flags below:

  • Yellow or red stain marks on countertops, carpets, or linoleum
  • Iodine stain marks on walls
  • Blocked out windows
  • Burns in countertops, on rugs or on the floors
  • Discarded cylinders
  • Empty solvent jars or mason jars
  • Corroded gas cannisters
  • Blister packs of ephedrine
  • Evidence of anhydrous ammonia or hydrochloric acid
  • Plastic tubing
  • Rock salt or rock salt containers
  • Hydrogen peroxide bottles
  • Lithium batteries
  • Coffee filters with red stains
  • Unusual smells, such as a strong cat urine smell, ammonia, and vinegar

Before you make an offer to buy the home, always ensure that you have completed a home inspection for meth. Bio Management Northwest technicians are qualified to properly inspect and clear homes for meth contamination and other chemicals.

Call us at (800) 408-2226 to get started.